Sunday, February 26, 2017

REVIEW | Naruko DermaLane 20% Peptides High Performance Youth Essence


REVIEW | Naruko DermaLane 20% Peptides High Performance Youth Essence



Ingredients:




Packaging: The full-sized bottle is 30ml and comes with typical dropper bottle design. For me, this essence has the worst packaging design that I’ve ever encountered. The glass bottle is not transparent so I can’t see how much product left. Fine, a whole lot of other products have that, too. But the worst thing, the thing that I can’t stand is the bottle’s dispenser. I have used other serum and essence before and all of them had dispensers that allowed you to control the amount of product dripping out by adjusting how much pressure you squeeze or put onto the top of the dispenser. This one doesn’t have that elegant design for consumers’ convenience. Even when you don’t put any pressure on the dispenser, the product will drip out. And when you put pressure on it, you have to carefully and slowly push the dispenser or it will shoot the product out like shooting a bullet and chance is you will end up with product all over the place. It’s not dripping out, it’s shooting out. It’s messy and annoying as *beep*.




Texture: A typical clear-liquid type of essence.




Scent: This essence doesn’t really have any scent to it. You can barely smell anything.

My thoughts: I first bought it because I was looking for some anti-aging serum/essence and this one looked auspicious with “20% peptides” label printed on the box. For those of you who don’t know, here are some basic information about peptides:

Peptides are fragments of proteins and are made up of amino acids. When amino acids are combined in certain formations they create specific peptides (and there are hundreds of peptides), and when peptides are formed in a certain way, they make specific proteins.
Proteins are the fundamental building blocks of skin. Without peptides, skin doesn’t remain intact and the results is loss of firmness, appearance of wrinkles, texture changes, and skin that doesn’t bounce back as it once did.
What’s so fascinating about peptides is that abundant research has clearly shown they can help revitalize those building blocks and, in turn, help revitalize skin.
Source: http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/anti-aging/_/peptides-for-skin

OK, so being charmed by advertisement, I decided to give it a go. I have been using it for 2 months now and have about one-fourth of the bottle left. Sadly, despite its intriguing claim and not-so-cheap price (888NTD on sale off, equivalent to about 29 USD), it just doesn’t live up to my expectations. It’s pretty hard to spot anti-aging effects so I have to say that I saw nothing on that. The essence provides some moisture for my skin but not so much. I don’t notice any major change on my skin but the essence does help a little with skin’s bounciness though not that obvious. Of course I never hope for any magical effect from any product but it doesn’t mean run-of-the-mill experience with the product is fine. On the other hand, the essence has its pros of absorbing quickly, no smell sticking around and leaving absolutely no stickiness. It disappears on your skin.

My rating: 2/5 (and surely no repurchase)


4 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. researchpeptides.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. buy peptides

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post. best peptides

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank a lot. You have done excellent job. I enjoyed your blog . Nice efforts us peptides

    ReplyDelete